domingo, 11 de janeiro de 2015

River of Life

11/01/2015

Within the river of life I lie,
Surrounded by flesh-eating fishes and rocks,
Wondering whether as a farm ox
My destiny is to serve and die.

May I request any more
Of the materials which can float
So then I can build a boat
For my arms and legs are sore?

Go on. You may my requests ignore.
That is what my arms and legs were built
For; now my emptiness is filled with guilt
And my beliefs and hopes were washed ashore.

What am I supposed to look for?
With all this pain that I feel,
I wish my heart were made of steel
And I could only listen to Nature's roar.

I search for something I can never find:
The reason why this river feels like fire.
And to vanish is the single worst desire
That day after day crosses my mind.

I want to leave this water behind
And search for some hope to guide me ahead,
Because the rocks that now hit my head
Are made by the hatred of mankind.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário